SpringBoard is Canada’s leading Third-Party reporting solution provider for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry and Point-Of-Sale+ data. Our business is helping clients build data capability in their organization and drive a return on the data they purchase.
Our close-knit, efficient team of world-class data-wranglers are dedicated to superior client service.
We’re of the mind there’s nothing a happy, ridiculously skilled crew can’t accomplish, so we take fostering talent and an innovative space for ours very seriously.
Think you’d be a great addition to our team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Analyst plays a key role in creating automated reporting in all business functions, which drives competitive advantage for SpringBoard and facilitates faster and better management decisions for our clients. By creating Tableau reports based on business requirements with linked content, drilldowns and nested parameters, the Data Analyst helps to develop vendor insights focusing on business measures of performance and providing the “so what” to our clients.
• Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview and/or Microstrategy are critical
• Professional written and communication skills
• Ability to engage and educate various audience levels through strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong business acumen and ability to link department strategic goals to metrics
• Strong creative thinking skills required to determine unique ways to identify and deliver on unmet customer needs
• Ensure timely completion of analysis while maintaining high quality deliverables
• Mentor other team members and application developers on technical solutions
• Able to balance the demands of multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of diplomacy
• Respond to ad-hoc requests (internal & external) for analysis, data and information on a regular basis
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Economics, Commerce, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Intelligence
• 3+ years of product and/or category analytics and insight delivery experience
• Proficient in writing SQL scripts and working with Microsoft SQL Server
• Develop relationships with different stakeholders (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain) to understand their analytical needs and create relevant reporting which will enable them in their decision-making processes
• Optimize Tableau dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility and standardization
Intermediate BI SQL Developer
• University degree or college diploma in computer science, information technology, computer engineering, or related field
• Good knowledge of relational databases and database concepts
• Knowledge of SQL queries, database design, and performance tuning
• Understanding of SSIS best practices and fundamentals
• 2+ years’ of hands on ETL experience with Microsoft SSIS / TSQL / SSMS
• Ability to write and analyze complex SQL queries
• C# experience is highly preferred
• Good knowledge of MS Excel
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Good communication skills and ability to work cohesively in a team with diverse skill sets
• Create and modify ETL (SSIS) processes ensuring the software is maintainable, testable, and performant
• Participate in code review and perform extensive testing to ensure high quality software
• Take responsibility for the scheduling, monitoring, and deployment of BI solutions into production
• Debug and performance tune SQL queries and SSIS packages as necessary
• Aid account managers in the development of SQL queries and refinement of existing skills
• Analyze user requirements and design functional specifications for BI development
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures and supporting documentation
• Develop intimate knowledge of various data formats
• Proactively search for new technologies and approaches to improve and grow business
• Other tasks as assigned
Interested in applying?
Send your resume to email@example.com with the position you’re applying for in the subject line and in a few words tell us why you’d be a good fit for our team.